Senior advisor, teacher capability and collaboration
Permanent, full-time. Based in Wellington.
- Would you like to join a supportive and collaborative organisation with a passion for education?
- Are you an experienced teacher or professional leader with deep understanding of Our Code, Our Standards | Ngā Tikanga Matatika, Ngā Paerewa?
An exciting opportunity as a senior advisor has become available in our Teacher Capability and Collaboration team at the Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Who are we?
The Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand | Matatū Aotearoa is the professional body for teachers and provides direction for the teaching profession from early childhood education through primary and secondary schooling in English and Māori medium settings.
We are committed to lifting the status of the teaching profession, learning collaboratively with teachers, supporting quality leadership and teaching, and strengthening the regulatory and disciplinary framework for the profession.
Matatū Aotearoa is an organisation that honours te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Who are we looking for?
- Current teaching practising certificate
- Previous experience in leading initiatives or supporting leadership with strengthening teachers’ practice within a school or ECE setting
- Experience providing feedback and appraising teachers’ performance using Our Code, Our Standards | Ngā Tikanga Matatika, Ngā Paerewa
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills; responsive to different audiences
- Experience managing projects, ensuring processes are followed and outcomes are delivered on time and in budget
- Strong competency in te reo and tikanga Māori will be an advantage
If you are someone who can bring an innovative mindset to our team and is passionate about supporting the teaching profession by working collaboratively and disseminating best practices, apply today!
Please note that to apply for this position you must live and have a legal right to work in New Zealand.
Successful appointment is conditional upon Criminal Record check.
Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand