Live Online Course–Working with Children with ADHD (Module 2 and 3)
This Safe for Children live online course is ideal for school leaders, teachers, and support staff
Date: Friday 19 March
Course Cost: $50 + GST per person
*Our training programme is made up of two 60-minute modules and meets once online.
Module 2. Introducing Keys for Change
- Identifying behaviours or triggers that cause disruption
- Introducing techniques/strategies for dealing with challenging behaviour
- Planning for a crisis
- Teaching social skills and calming techniques
Module 3. Responding to Behaviour
- Positive reinforcement: putting theory into practice when responding to behaviour
- Strategies to support improved behaviour
- Communication: verbal and non-verbal cues for success
- How to support an ADHD child during a meltdown.
*Missed module 1? Want to catch up before module 2 & 3? Please contact us on (0800) 723 3454 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and register to view our live recording!
Cost: $25 + GST ($28.75) per person.
Facilitator: Tracey Rountree, ADHD Association NZ and Safe for Children Partner
"It was great hearing from someone who has first-hand experience clearly outlining what ADHD is and how it effects those that have it."
"Lots of practical and useful strategies that can be used for the whole class so you don't need to single out one child - as everyone will benefit."
Interactive. This course is interactive and engages participants. You will be able to ask questions and they will get answered while you are watching.
Qualification. To gain your relevant certificate of training you will be invited to complete 8 or 9 multi choice questions.
Can't make this live online training? Register to ‘view our live recording’. We will send you a link with viewing instructions the next day.
For further information please email: email@example.com
New Zealand (nationwide)