Being an Effective Dean Workshop - Christchurch
This two-day course is suitable for new Deans, and for Deans who want to refresh or review their practice.
- Building a toolkit of skills and strategies for being effective in this role
- Understanding the role and its connection with student learning
- Academic coaching/mentoring
- Organising effective Deaning systems and procedures
- Developing effective communication skills
- Managing student needs and behaviour
- Working with colleagues in key roles
- Liaising with parents and caregivers
- Deans role in high-end discipline
Limited places are still available in our Auckland and Wellington workshop. See our website for further details and to register.